Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bruise Central

Ok, I know I've been way out of touch the past 2 weeks. For some reason work has been pure insanity. So, I figured I owed you guys a new post, and what better to write about than my trip to NC to visit my sister...since I still have the bruises to prove it.

The pupster and I drove up to Brandy's house 2 weekends ago since my parents and Nikole were coming down - we figured we'd meet in the middle. As always good food and lots of laughs were in order. The dogs alone were endless entertainment. Kaylinn and Dudley as always wrestled and played the entire time, barely taking a break to eat and drink (and Dudley up to the point when Kaylinn got there was even so sick they took him to the vet that morning).

family dinner

this was the general state of the two puppies...insanity!

that is until John literally cut (I'm talking using a large saw) the newest bone in half for them. the other 5 bones in the house were not good enough, they both needed this one.

poor Belle is too old for their shenanigans. she was happy if they just left her alone.

a rare moment of calmness

On Saturday, Brandy, John, my dad and I went rock climbing (Brandy and John's newest hobby), which was in fact the whole second time I've ever done this outside, and the first time I've climbed in about 8 years. Needless to say I had to loosen the leg loops of the harness I had set up from when I was just out of high school :) It was an awesome trip and I realized it sure is different climbing outside! First of all you have to lug all your stuff up the mountain, which is not an easy task. To get to Crowder's Mountain you walk about a mile uphill before you can find a spot to drop your rope over. Jo

Brandy and John setting up the ropes

believe it or not this is the easiest way to straighten out the rope once you set it up - repel on down to the ground, which is actually quite fun! granted dropping yourself off the side of a mountain to trust yourself to those carabeiners and ropes you just set up is a bit disconcerting, but much like skydiving if you just do it without looking down it's far easier :)

Brandy repelling down on the second line - we set up two then went to the bottom, climbed those, then went back up to have lunch, set up two more and climbed those. it's amazing how tired you get just climbing 3 or 4 walls!

this is actually what you spend much of your time doing...gets a bit of a workout on the neck

And now for a few superstar shots of us climbing...



yep, still looking up


My mom was kind enough to walk all the way up there and bring us lunch...carrying a cooler, bag of food and lugging 2 dogs that were trying desperately to escape and run free. What can we say, she's a trooper!


Needless to say we were a bit tired when we got home, so after a delicious 'pile everything you can on your plate' taco dinner we headed off to an early bed. Apparently I bruised myself up a bit more than I realized because I still have them all over my legs!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see the blog is alive again! Looks like fun... were the leaves changing colors? It looked like it, a little.

    ReplyDelete