Monday, February 18, 2008

A Day off Work...I guess

Well, the litter box is cleaned, the kitchen floor is swept, the guest room is cleaned up, the bathrooms are cleaned, the dishes are stacked in the diswasher and the last load of laundry is drying. At this point, I can finally sit down to do something on my day off that I actually WANT to do! Although I have to head out in 20 minutes to run some errands...oh well, I guess at least I won't have to do all this stuff the rest of the week while I'm also attempting to work.

Tomorrow I get to give a presentation on freshwater resources - a topic I know VERY little about - at a seminar that apparently was listed at the top of the editorial comments last week in Beaufort. I should actually be working on that presentation, but you know it's just hard to turn the computer on when you have off work. I actually have found myself more likely to work on the weekends than I am to work on a holiday - it just seems far more unacceptable :)

So, one fun thing that I did get accomplished, which I've had sitting on my to do list for weeks is to make up an invitation for my Birthday Build with Habitat for Humanity. I'm quite impressed with myself for finally getting to it :) And I'm pretty happy with the little invite, not back for 20 minutes worth of work. All those chicken picture making skills are coming in handy in other areas of life! (you know one of these days I'm really going to have to tell the full chicken story)

The weekend wasn't all work and no play, however. Brandy came down Friday night and we spent the better portion of Saturday...ok, all of Saturday, scrapbooking and eating. It was glorious. And I'm caught up to March 2007 in my scrapbook! Yippee, perhaps I will actually be able to start cropping things that occurred in the same year soon :) While we cropped, Sandor started making us a website for our new business. We've determined that scrapbooking is far too expensive for our budget laden lives, so we will start scrapbooking other peoples pictures (assuming they want us to), and then using the profit to buy stuff for our own scrapbooking. Hey, it's worth a shot, right? So, Sandor has begun the process of making our website, which he is doing an impressively good job on, by the way. www.build-a-memory.com if you want to check it out.

Well, it is now time to wake up the poor pup and crate her so I can head out and run some errands. Thankfully the rain has stopped so that will make errand running far less annoying!

1 comment:

  1. I love building Habitat houses! Wish I lived a little closer to Chas so I could help...

    ReplyDelete