Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moments

Having done this a few times I recognized the importance of moments while in Panama this year. When you are that hot, tired, uncomfortable, hungry, moody, out of your comfort zone...you get the picture...you need to take moments and appreciate the beauty that they offer in and of themselves, ignoring everything else surrounding that moment.

Through the process of grief I realized that it's actually extremely helpful if you treat life the same way. There are in fact good days. And there are good weeks. And there are even good years. But most of the time there are good moments. And what I've found is that I need to appreciate them for what they are rather than trying to make them extend into a day or a week or a year. And so I've decided to have a new category on my blog for these moments. Many of those moments are not on a camera, but some of them are...and this is one of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment