Friday, August 21, 2009

Mailing Day

Today was mailing day at work. We used to have a lot of mailing days, but as of late they have been few and far between. You see, way back when I started my job and Maia started her job I had to send out announcements by mail. Certain groups needs mailings, other groups you can do e-mails, and it seems as though there were a lot of mailing groups that first year. This was also pre-intern days, when Becky was a one stop shop of CTP energy, so, Maia graciously offered to help me stuff envelopes and stick address labels on envelopes. Many years have gone by since then, and it seems that less mailing parties as we started calling them happen nowadays, but today we were back in the game. My intern had a rough day yesterday fighting with the mailing addresses that just wouldn't seem to cooperate, so I gave her the afternoon off. Thus, post lunch Maia and I sat down to start.

It begins with paper, envelopes and a stack of mailing labels...oh yeah and our water bottles.

We then move onto the skilled portion of the day. Stuffing envelopes is not as easy as it looks you know. There are a lot of efficiency techniques we developed along the way. Granted, having not done this in a while we were a bit rusty at first, but we warmed right up.

At the end you have a box of envelopes. It sure doesn't look like a lot, but that is 2 1/2 hours. I guess you can't feel that bad for us, seeing as how we get to talk the whole time we are stuffing! Fun times at the office.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure that was an exercise in efficiency or an excuse for a hen party.....I'll go with door number two.....

    ReplyDelete