Thursday, June 18, 2009

This Dock Rocks

This is VBS week at church. For those not affiliated with a church that does VBS, it's Vacation Bible School, and is either a weeklong day program or a weeklong eventing program. Ours is evening and is called Crocodile Dock this year - we are in the bayou! So my week has involved wake up, go to work, look over my lines for VBS at lunch, work until 5, go home and change, go to church, do VBS all night, arrive back home around 10pm, fall on the bed and sleep until waking back up and starting over.

This by the way is happening while the fish tank is having a major disease and death fiasco at present (3 of the 7 existing fish and 2 of the 10 new fish are left alive), the major leaking in the laundry room is worsening (the two leaks mentioned before are in fact having random flood the laundry room moments), the unwashed dish pile is growing (except for days my husband lovingly does them), and the less than healthy meal options are abounding at the moment.

At moments I think about all the stuff that needs to be done at work, and at home, and at church and I want to either puke or just pass out, but then you actually go to VBS and you see the kids dancing to the songs and having fun at the stations and suddenly it is all worth the major lack of sleep, lack of general health and housekeeping, and total disrepair of your life.

2 comments:

  1. Good ole VBS... I went to it every summer growing up. Then when I was around 14 or 15 (right before I was old enough to start working in the summer) I was our church's VBS 'recreation director' which meant I was in charge of kickball while the teachers got a break :)

    ReplyDelete