Tuesday, April 1, 2008

30 years ago today...

I was talking to my parents today and my dad told me a little story that started with '30 years ago today...'

...my 9 months pregnant mom was at my grandparents's house cooking dinner for my Pappy and my Dad because my Nanny was out of town. My grandmother called to see if my mom had had the baby yet and my grandfather responded 'Yes, and it's a boy!'. Nanny breaks down in tears, after which Pappy finally admits 'April Fools Day'. Ironically enough my mom was in labor all that day, but my grandfather didn't know until he asked her why she couldn't sit still. I was born the next day, and when my grandmother got home she didn't believe my grandfather when he said I was born and he was waiting for her to go to the hospital.

So that ladies and gentlemen is what was happening to me 30 years ago this day :) And the story was much cuter coming from my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment