Friday, November 5, 2010

Cupcake Mania

Tonight Abbi and I made the most amazing cupcakes, I personally have ever made. In fact they were so great, that I have a new category for posts - food. It seems to be my new favorite past time. But back to the cupcakes. We stole the idea from Our Best Bites. While we were looking through their site we also saw these owl lollipops, so we decided to do a little improvising and make some of our own. We've decided you can determine if ours are cuter...

So, first we made our own icing so we could squeeze it out of a bag onto the cupcakes...by the way, this is crazy easy, I may never buy icing again.

Then of course cupcakes were necessary...
We put down some base coloring for our cupcake animals. Abbi was testing who was cuter - her or the cupcakes...
The cupcakes didn't win without their animal form, however, soon they started looking a bit more adorable...
Abbi came up with the idea to use marshmallows for eyes on the owls, and they began to take shape as well...
UNTIL...we had our two perfect models...
I know, seriously! How cute are these?!?!
So...who wins?

our best bites...

or ours...
We SO WIN! Oh, and in case you were wondering, they are as delicious as they look!

1 comment:

  1. Wondering how you're gonna manage to mail those cupcakes to me all the way up in Richmond! Ha. Delish.

    ReplyDelete