Sunday, April 26, 2009

Glorious, Belize

My dad found the video tapes from our trip to Belize a few years ago and copied them onto a DVD for me. I finally sat down to watch them tonight...the top three things I took away from the DVD:

1) I need to visit the Caribbean - NOW! It has been far too long since I was a diving in that beautiful blue water!


2) It's funny how I remember it as just raining when we were in at the Mayan ruins, Lamanai. Based on the video (which does not lie) it was DOWNPOURING! That however did not stop Brandy and I from climbing to the top of this really high ruin...in a thunderstorm...riiiight.

3) I have used the phrase 'stop-da-lump-bump' far to infrequently. It's a creole phrase for in essence 'get your butt in gear', and while if said by a Belizian in an accent (as heard on the DVD) it is far more entertaining, we were using it rather frequently shortly after the trip. It's very handy and seems far less rude :)

No comments:

Post a Comment