Monday, December 5, 2011

Alive Again

I found this poem today:
God hath not promised skies always blue. 
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through. 
God hath not promised sun without rain, 
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

But God hath promised strength for the day, 
Rest for the laborer, light on the way; 
Grace for the trial, help from above, 
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

In case you didn't notice, it's December.  The second Thanksgiving without my mom was in some ways harder than the first.  Last year felt sad, this year felt empty.  We were all there.  We all had fun.  We all enjoyed each other.  But something was missing.  I think Christmas this year may be similar.  So, I'm prepping myself by reminding myself of what God has already done in my life since August 19, 2010.  If He can do all that he has done in a little over a year than certainly he can get me through the second Christmas without my mom.  As Matt Maher sings in Alive Again - I can see the light before I see the sunrise...The sun rise is coming at some point, right now I'm going to celebrate strength for the day and the light that is slowly chasing away the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment