Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tomorrow should be better...

Wow, today was something! Let me just give you a quick summary before I go to bed...

5:45 am - wake up to my poor coughing sick husband (who hopefully does not have the swine flu) - I want to be helpful, but I'm desperately afraid of getting sick seeing as how 'calling out' is not really an option this week...or probably next

6:15 am - run 3 miles with Susan (go000000... marathon training!)

6:50 am - back home to take a shower and get ready for the day

7:30 am - head over to my church to meet with my pastor...with a quick stop by McDonalds for breakfast (shut up, I ran that morning and I was low on time ok!)

8:00 am - Pastor shows up and has forgotten the keys to the church, so we decide to meet in the truck (this involves me leaving my purse in my car...this will become important shortly)

8:05 am - meet with my pastor (I'm now officially a children's pastor! I'm on a 6 month trial to make sure I'm not overwhelmed with both that and work)

9:05 am - I realize as I try to open my car door that my keys were in my purse (which as aforementioned was on the front seat of my car)...you guessed it - I'm locked out of my car.

9:10 am - my Pastor has to drive me to the courthouse downtowm because there isn't time to wait for AAA or have Sandor bring keys over

9:25 am - I get to the courthouse without 1) an form of ID, thankfully they know my face by this point, 2) no sweater - this is a major problem since they keep the courtroom at about 5 degrees, 3) no water bottle - problematic when you've run that morning and there is nothing to drink while in the courtroom for hours at a time unless you have a water bottle, 4) no book - there is a LOT of waiting involved in being on a jury, and 5) my cell phone, which would obviously assist in actually getting someone to assist me in getting back into my car

9:30 am - 1:00 pm - court...sorry, no details allowed - I will throw out a hilarious story that the marshal told us while we were going through security...we asked him what the most ridiculous thing someone tried to go through security with. He said that a juror one time tried to go through with a bag of marijuana (yes, you've got it, he tried to bring it into a County Courthouse full of police officers and court marshals). When we asked him how he found out the guy had it he said 'he took it out of his pocket to put it through the metal detector' (wow, is all I have to say to that. That guy was an idiot)

1:00 pm - I call Sandor from a borrowed cell phone (oh by the way I also had a borrowed sweater! ) and he was going to come downtown to pick me up and take me to the car

1:15 pm - Sandor gets there and informs me that he forgot the spare key...seeing as how I needed to be in court in 45 minutes that was not going to work, so back out of the car we went and did manage to have a 5 minute lunch together in the park near the courthouse

2:00 pm- 6:00 pm - back to court

6:00 pm - Sandor picks me up and takes me to my car, which I then use to drive to bible study

7:30 pm - I leave Bible study and stop by 1) Earth Fare to get him chicken noodle soup and some honey (for tea), 2) Piggly Wiggly to get him more Niquil, 3) my office to pick up the CSA veggies that Kim thankfully picked up for me earler that day (because I thankfully happened to text her while I was waiting for Pastor and therefore actually got to text her that morning before the phone was locked in the car), and then homeward

8:30 pm - heat up soup for dinner and then eat

9:00 pm - sit down to watch Biggest Loser and read work e-mails...ugh, work e-mails are painful when you know you can't go in the office to fix anything or work anything out

10:15 pm - off to bed for a well deserved night of rest...see you on the flip side!

3 comments:

  1. EXHIBIT A - "8:05 am - meet with my pastor (I'm now officially a children's pastor! I'm on a 6 month trial to make sure I'm not overwhelmed with both that and work)"

    Now let's see...what was it I said a couple of months ago about you...oh yeah - that you would be totally bored unless you are multitasking and juggling multiple responsibilities

    GUILTY AS CHARGED - CASE CLOSED :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT!??!!! You SICK husband went out of the house to get you your car back!??!??!?!? That is above and beyond! Plus, now, if it is swine flu, he had exposed a whole bunch of people. Geezsh!

    ReplyDelete